Watch live – June 6 panel on “Innovation, security, and the Internet of Things (IoT)” in Ottawa
As a side event before the 2018 G7 Summit this week in Canada, tomorrow, 6 June 2018, the Internet Society will hold a panel to not only talk about the risks and opportunities the Internet of Things (IoT) brings, but also what policy makers can do to build a connected future for everyone.
The panel, Innovation, security, and the Internet of Things, will take place in Ottawa Ontario. If you’re in Ottawa, you can join us from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, 6 June, at the Alt Hotel Ottawa at 185 Slater St. If you’re somewhere else, the event will be
Moderator David Akin (Global News) will facilitate a discussion between:
- Jeff Wilbur, Director, Online Trust Alliance
- Katie Watson, Policy Advisor, Internet Society
- Jacques Latour, Chief Technology Officer, Canadian Internet Registration Authority
- Mike Hoye, Engineering Community Manager, Mozilla
While the opportunities these connected devices can bring us are virtually unprecedented, the steps we must go through to protect ourselves online can feel overwhelming. At the Internet Society, we believe in a future where manufactures, software developers and service providers put people first and ensure user’s privacy and security is their top priority.
To understand more, you can listen to Mark Buell, North American Bureau Director, explain why a secure and open Internet is important, what we expect from G7 leaders, and what to expect from the expert panel discussion on the topic (audio, 6 minutes):
- Joint Call to G20 Leaders: Bring people to the centre of the digital future
- Online Trust Alliance IoT Trust Framework
- IoT Security for Policy Makers
- Policy Brief: Internet of Things
- The Internet of Things (IoT): An Overview
The post Watch live – June 6 panel on “Innovation, security, and the Internet of Things (IoT)” in Ottawa appeared first on Internet Society.